Personal Statement Writing Service
Personal statements have become increasingly requested by employers from both the private and public sectors to support your completed application form or CV/resume, as well as, personal statements to support a UCAS application form. Our personal statement writing service helps you to match your job history and qualifications to the skills and experience required, and present it in a coherent way to your future employer.
We work in partnership with you to ascertain the exact job requirements and build a personal statement that addresses each requirement individually. Our personal statement writing service is completely bespoke, and we will liaise with you to ensure that we have built up a complete picture of your experience and skills that fulfils the requirements of the role.
Once we have all the information we require, your personal statement will prepared by one of our expert team of personal statement writers and will be sent to you within 3 working days for your approval – we will continue to make amends until you are 100% satisfied.
Our skills, experience and industry knowledge ensure we can immediately understand the job specification and deliver a professional personal statement for you.
Lets Get Started!
Get in touch to start discussing your personal statement requirements and see how we can help.
01908 586 393 firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a personal statement?
Personal statements are becoming increasingly popular in the public sector where usually the employer will require a completed application form and supporting statement rather than the traditional CV and cover letter. They allow the candidate to demonstrate why they are a good ‘fit’ for the role. We have also recently seen a huge increase in graduate employers taking this route of application, but this time using a personal statement to accompany a CV.
Who needs a personal statement?
Personal statements are widely used in the public sector and to apply for university undergraduate and master’s degrees.
We are experienced in preparing personal statements for a variety of industries:
- Healthcare – including nursing and midwifery
- Teachers – including head teachers, teaching assistants and lecturers
- Public sector roles such as local council and government positions
- Social work and housing officers
- PAs and administration
- Research and fundraising roles
Need a UCAS personal statement?
If you are applying to university through UCAS, or for a master’s degree or PhD, your personal statement will be used by the admissions team to determine your suitability for higher education and the subject itself. You will need to demonstrate through your past experience a determination to succeed and a keen interest in the subject to be studied.
At a young age, some of us struggle to see what would be of relevance to university admissions teams. Our expert personal statement writer will work with you to identify the activities that you have taken part in and the personal qualities that you already possess that will be of relevance to the selection panel.
How to write a personal statement
Completing a personal statement successfully takes time and dedication – in fact some people believe that they are used as a method to reduce the number of applications for certain roles. So it is certainly worth investing some effort in your personal statement writing to demonstrate your determination to get the job.
CVpal offers a personal statement writing service where we liaise with you to identify your skills and experience which best match the person specification for the role. Contact us for more information.
Here are our top tips for writing your personal statement effectively:
- Ensure that you have an employment history, education and key skills that at least match 80% of the essential skills. If you do not meet these skills then it is easy to conclude that you are likely to not succeed in the application and that you will probably waste both your time and the employer’s time applying.
- Read the job specification very carefully and then make notes that evidence the skills they are requesting. Make sure that you clearly identify how the particular skill or competency assisted you in your role and ensure that you demonstrate the end results.
- Do not write too much. Usually we would recommend that if a job specification has around 12 key points then your statement needs to be in the region of 800 words (one and a half pages of A4).
- Ensure that the statement has a strong introduction identifying your motivation and interest in the role and has a strong conclusion to really make an impact.
- A personal statement is not a cover letter and visa-versa. A personal statement is much more detailed. We have many clients who contact us to write a cover letter that is actually a personal statement once we see the application form or job specification. Ensure you fully understand what is required.
- Check your grammar and spelling, there really is very little excuse these days to have any errors in a document. Just press spell check and note any “green lines” under content.
Personal Statement Writing Service FAQs:
- "Can I not just attach my CV and ask them to look at that?"
No. When we write personal statements we always stress that it must be tailored to that particular employer and their specified requirements.
- "Is it ok to just use the same statement for multiple applications"
Usually not, very rarely will you find a job specification that exactly matches another. It will be so obvious if you use a “generic” personal statement. However, it is useful to have a skeleton document that you can adapt to different applications to make the process more efficient.
- "How do I demonstrate my key skills in my personal statement?"
To effectively demonstrate key skills you must make it clear to the employer why they will be valued in the role that is advertised and how you developed these skills. Have you successfully transferred them previously? If so state when and how it was beneficial.
- "What are competencies?"
Competencies are skills, but again it is important to evidence how the competency has been used. If you can build the situation, identify the issue and then demonstrate the competency in action you will have answered the question perfectly.
- "Is it ok if I repeat examples in my personal statement?"
Ideally not, however the more statements you write you will notice that the actual job specifications can become repetitive in the detail. Do not just rewrite what you have already written but if you have to do this then change the way it is presented and read.
Contact us for more information about our personal statement writing service. We can send your personal statement back to you within 3 days of receiving all the required information.
The prices of Personal Statements vary due to the variety of job specifications.
Feel free to contact us to discuss your requirements and take advantage of our complete employment portfolio as detailed below.
Got Questions? Please contact us
Complete employment services
Feel free to contact us to discuss your requirements and take advantage of our complete employment portfolio that includes CV Writing, Interim CV Writing, Cover Letters, Personal Statement Writing, Interview Coaching, LinkedIn Profiles and for a more complete bespoke services check out CVpal Platinum!